From Shohoz’s two new launches amid the pandemic to MHub revitalizing the real estate sector, this week, we look at 500-backed startups with tech stories. We also cover 500-backed founders who have been featured in podcasts and radio interviews.
Missed last week’s top stories? Check it out here.
- Hiro Kiga, co-founder and COO of fintech startup Wallex shared his growth hacks that have led to over US$1.7 billion in transactions from more than 19,000 customers. Find out what they are here.
- In mid-2019, social enterprise Boxgreen moved its production facility out of Changi Prison Complex in Singapore in an initiative to rebuild the lives of ex-offenders to help them enhance their employability. Read on.
- 500-backed food review startup abillion teamed up with two organizations to launch a celebrity-endorsed campaign called #SaveVeganRestaurants. More about the campaign here.
Tech for good
- Since the pandemic, Shohoz has launched Shohoz Health, a video consultation service with over 100 specialized doctors and Shohoz Learn, an edtech platform offering e-books from the world-renowned publisher Scholastic. Read more here.
- Thousands of riders signed up in the first month of Neuron Mobility’s trial in Slough, UK, with data showing around 38% of e-scooter trips replacing a car trip.
- At a time when the real estate market was at a standstill, MHub launched a digital campaign that successfully transacted 222 bookings in the first two weeks. Find out more about what Neuron and MHub have been up to here.
A juicy partnership
- In collaboration with Chupa Chups, the lollipop brand, fashion startup Pomelo has debuted an apparel line created with sustainable cotton. Details here.
Making it work
- Founder and CEO of employee management platform Happy5 Doni Priliandi was featured in a WeTalk podcast about the startup’s journey in boosting employee happiness.
- Alvin Ea, co-founder & CEO of logistics startup Haulio appeared on Money FM 89.3, a business radio station in Singapore to speak about the startup’s mission to uplift the lives of millions of drivers in logistics.
- Read more here.
Other stories you may have missed:
- On April 27, don’t miss 500-backed startups, Fave and Xfers, as they share their insights and experience in the e-payments industry in Southeast Asia in Coffee Connections, a virtual networking event. Register here.
- Telemedicine super app Alodokter through Alomedika, its medical community platform, announced a collaboration to conduct mass vaccinator training, targeting 10,000 health professionals all across Indonesia.
- Carsome has been appointed Career Partner by the Human Resources Development Fund Malaysia. This initiative aims to assist retrenched workers through reskilling and upskilling.
Missed out the last Daily Markup? Go here to check it out.
500 Startups is a venture capital firm on a mission to discover and back the world’s most talented entrepreneurs, help them create successful companies at scale, and build thriving global ecosystems. In Southeast Asia, 500 Startups invests through the pioneering 500 Southeast Asia family of funds. The 500 Southeast Asia funds have backed over 240 companies across multiple sectors from internet to consumer to deep technology. It continues to connect founders with capital, expertise and powerful regional and global networks to help them succeed.
This post is intended solely for general informational or educational purposes only. 500 Startups Management Company, L.L.C. and its affiliates (collectively “500 Startups”) makes no representation as to the accuracy or information in this post and while reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that the information herein is accurate and up-to-date, no liability can be accepted for any error or omissions. All third party links in this post have not been independently verified by 500 Startups and the inclusion of such links should not be interpreted as an endorsement or confirmation of the content within. Information about portfolio companies’ markets, competitors, performance, and fundraising has been provided by those companies’ founders and has not been independently verified. Under no circumstances should any content in this post be construed as investment, legal, tax or accounting advice by 500 Startups, or an offer to provide any investment advisory service with regard to securities by 500 Startups. No content or information in this post should be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation of interest to purchase any securities advised by 500 Startups. Prospective investors considering an investment into any 500 Startups fund should not consider or construe this content as fund marketing material. The views expressed herein are as at the date of this post and are subject to change without notice. One or more 500 Startups fund may have a financial interest in one or more of the companies discussed.