This week, we introduced a new member of the 500 family, Mapan! The team serves low-income Indonesians by digitizing the traditional concept of Arisan microfinancing for small communities. Speaking of financing, Vishal Harnal, Managing Partner at 500 Global shares insights around fundraising for startups and navigating current market conditions.
Missed our last roundup? Check out the top stories in June here.
- Mapan bags US$15M to serve low-income Indonesians
- Vishal Harnal on fundraising & value corrections
- Involve Asia hiring amid The Great Layoff
- Mediaload boosts brands with SEA network
- eFishery makes shrimp farming (Aqua)easy
- Escavox tackles food insecurity with facts
- Neuron Mobility’s ambitious carbon negative goal
- Eric Cheng runs steady ship at Carsome
- MHub’s real solutions for real estate
- First Circle aids SMEs with zero interest
- Lingokids’ internet safety tips for parents
- Aliena & Transcelestial lead in SEA spacetech
Other stories you may have missed:
- Pandai was recently named one of the top 10 inspiring edtech startups in Malaysia, and CEO Khairul Anwar M. Zaki will be speaking at an upcoming event about how Malaysian tech companies are managing current market changes and the company’s game plan moving forward.
- Carsome Group announced the appointment of an advisory board to further strengthen its leadership team for regional expansion and growth.