The shortest month of the year has brought 500-backed startups an impressive amount of funding. Over US$60 million was raised in total for small businesses, insurtech, super apps, and proptech. In the fintech space, two startups, Curlec and Wallex, were acquired and will be expanding their footprint internationally.
Missed last month’s roundup? Check it out here.
- Retailo raises landmark US$36M to boost small businesses
- Laka raises US$12M to expand locations & coverage
- Appboxo raises US$7M to help developers build super apps
- Peddlr raises US$4.3M to reach 1 million Filipino MSMEs
- Urbanmetry raises US$2M to close the property data gap
- Jeff Bezos invests in Lummo to accelerate its expansion in Southeast Asia
- Curlec majority stake acquired by RazorPay for expansion in Southeast Asia
- Wallex acquired by M-DAQ in global expansion plan
- Aliena to launch sustainable microsatellite that leaves no debris
- AUS drones to map entire Indian state to help improve quality of life
- Una Brands to invest US$35M in more than 15 Indonesian brands
- Dawaai combats counterfeit medications in Pakistan
- Homage boosts access to home care in Malaysia with significant expansion
- EST Studios to put Asian films on the global stage
- NFT buyers get coverage & peace of mind with YAS MicroInsurance
- HappyFresh helps SEA households be more efficient with ‘dark’ stores
- Laka partners Decathlon to prevent bike thefts with hidden GPS chip
- Neuron Mobility integrates with Google Maps for a better user experience
Other stories you may have missed:
- Homage is featured as one of six healthtech startups in Singapore to watch in 2022 by Fintechnews Singapore.
- RedDoorz launches RedAcademy, a 9-month accelerator for fresh graduates in the field of data analytics and product management.
- Supahands launches Bolt, a self-service image labeling platform, with a 50% discount for waitlist clients.