This week, we look at 500-backed fintech startups hitting the big numbers. Fairbanc bags a 7-figure funding round and plans to expand its 60,000-strong network of merchants, while roboadvisor startup Bibit, launched in 2019, has hit one million investors on its platform. In Australia, Gilmour Space secured US$46 million in funding and has major milestones in its future plans. The country also welcomes Singapore startup Homage as it selects Melbourne as its headquarters.
Missed the last weekly roundup? Check it out here.
For our top stories in June, click here.
- Gilmour Space lands US$46M to build more hybrid rockets & developing a new launch site
- Fairbanc bags 7-figure funding to expand & boost its 60,000-merchant network
- How Bibit hit one million investors on its platform
- iMotorbike’s strategy for growing its user base 20–30% monthly
- HappyFresh adoption rates sped up by 2–3 years
- Levi’s & more brands to benefit from Pomelo’s new tech platform
- Drone startup Aerodyne’s journey to 35 countries
- Homage to set up HQ in Melbourne in Australia expansion
- RaRa Delivery chosen to participate in Sequoia’s Surge program
Other stories you may have missed:
- Bicycle insurtech startup Laka has announced Olympic champion and world record holder Elinor Barker as an ambassador.
- Grab Philippines launches cheaper rides to COVID-19 vaccination centers.
- Get to know co-founder of fintech and rewards platform Fave, Chen Chow Yeoh, as he talks about his entrepreneurial journey and how the startup came to be on OJ Chitchats.
Missed out the last Daily Markup? Go here to check it out.
500 Startups is a venture capital firm on a mission to discover and back the world’s most talented entrepreneurs, help them create successful companies at scale, and build thriving global ecosystems. In Southeast Asia, 500 Startups invests through the pioneering 500 Southeast Asia family of funds. The 500 Southeast Asia funds have backed over 240 companies across multiple sectors from internet to consumer to deep technology. It continues to connect founders with capital, expertise and powerful regional and global networks to help them succeed.
This post is intended solely for general informational or educational purposes only. 500 Startups Management Company, L.L.C. and its affiliates (collectively “500 Startups”) makes no representation as to the accuracy or information in this post and while reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that the information herein is accurate and up-to-date, no liability can be accepted for any error or omissions. All third party links in this post have not been independently verified by 500 Startups and the inclusion of such links should not be interpreted as an endorsement or confirmation of the content within. Information about portfolio companies’ markets, competitors, performance, and fundraising has been provided by those companies’ founders and has not been independently verified. Under no circumstances should any content in this post be construed as investment, legal, tax or accounting advice by 500 Startups, or an offer to provide any investment advisory service with regard to securities by 500 Startups. No content or information in this post should be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation of interest to purchase any securities advised by 500 Startups. Prospective investors considering an investment into any 500 Startups fund should not consider or construe this content as fund marketing material. The views expressed herein are as at the date of this post and are subject to change without notice. One or more 500 Startups fund may have a financial interest in one or more of the companies discussed.