- Congratulations are in order for fintech startup Curlec, one of three Malaysian startups chosen to be a part of EY Foundry, an incubation program for early-stage startups.
- In a report on shipping trends in 2021, Easyship makes a prediction that commercial drone deliveries will take off.
- CEO of digital health startup mClinica, Farouk Meralli, shared in a podcast that 49% of its app users come from rural areas.
- Singaporean space tech startup Aliena has collaborated with Aurora Propulsion Technologies to develop technology for in-space propulsion.
- Food review startup abillion believes F&B operators should add vegan options to their menus because it’s good for business.
- With a little help from OhmniLabs, a father-son duo turn themselves into robots to keep their clients safe at the gym.
- Rocket startup Gilmour Space will be sending the largest payload by an Australian company into orbit, carrying a fire detection satellite.
- Edtech startup NewCampus announced it is acquiring a university license this year.
- Super app Grab has pledged to support the development of Singapore’s tech ecosystem, including the creation of 350 new jobs.
Missed out the last Daily Markup? Go here to check it out.
500 Startups is a venture capital firm on a mission to discover and back the world’s most talented entrepreneurs, help them create successful companies at scale, and build thriving global ecosystems. In Southeast Asia, 500 Startups invests through the pioneering 500 Southeast Asia family of funds. The 500 Southeast Asia funds have backed over 240 companies across multiple sectors from internet to consumer to deep technology. It continues to connect founders with capital, expertise and powerful regional and global networks to help them succeed.
This post is intended solely for general informational or educational purposes only. 500 Startups Management Company, L.L.C. and its affiliates (collectively “500 Startups”) makes no representation as to the accuracy or information in this post and while reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that the information herein is accurate and up-to-date, no liability can be accepted for any error or omissions. All third party links in this post have not been independently verified by 500 Startups and the inclusion of such links should not be interpreted as an endorsement or confirmation of the content within. Information about portfolio companies’ markets, competitors, performance, and fundraising has been provided by those companies’ founders and has not been independently verified. Under no circumstances should any content in this post be construed as investment, legal, tax or accounting advice by 500 Startups, or an offer to provide any investment advisory service with regard to securities by 500 Startups. No content or information in this post should be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation of interest to purchase any securities advised by 500 Startups. Prospective investors considering an investment into any 500 Startups fund should not consider or construe this content as fund marketing material. The views expressed herein are as at the date of this post and are subject to change without notice. One or more 500 Startups fund may have a financial interest in one or more of the companies discussed.