The red carpet experience in manufacturing
- The manufacturing industry powers 16% of the world’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP), and small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) contribute to 99% of that. There are about 50 million SMEs globally, so it may come as a surprise that the industry still largely functions using pen and paper and rudimentary communications via WhatsApp.
- 500-backed end-to-end manufacturing interface Phasio seeks to help manufacturers scale the ‘human touch’ in their customer experience via an interface that delivers frictionless communication, customisable workflows and cutting-edge Al technology.
- The Phasio platform supports collaboration between manufacturers and customers – allowing both parties to view and comment on product design – and enables the customization of orders and tailored pricing for different orders.
- Sudharshan Raman, Co-founder & Chief Product Officer, describes their platform as a command center from which they orchestrate the different moving parts within the industry, from inventory and order management, to finance and communication.
- Without Phasio, most manufacturers and their customers will still be working on designs by drawing on screenshots using Microsoft Paint.
- Why is this important? For an industry that works based on trust, providing customers with transparency is paramount. Through the Phasio platform, customers can access digital records of orders, quotations, as well as real-time communications, and even get alerts for when parts are being manufactured, when they’ve been completed, all the way to shipping and tracking.
- This, Sudharshan said, can reduce the barrier of larger companies hiring subcontractors and eventually empower SMEs to scale their businesses.
- Listen to the full interview on Money FM 89.3.
Other stories you may have missed:
- Laka lands US$8M and acquires French insurance broker to bring ‘no upfront premium’ insurance to more cyclists in Europe
- Retailo receives US$1.5M investment from South Korean big data firm Dtonic Corporation
- Vishal Harnal shares how 500 Global continues to discover exceptional founders and startups across SE Asia
- Curlec by Razorpay joins PayNet to help transition Malaysia into a fully cashless society
- Carsome is looking to attract strategic investment which add value to its operations
- Mark Lim, Co-founder & CEO of spacetech company Aliena featured in The Prestige 40 Under 40 list for 2023
- Lingokids app was named one of the Top Parenting Products in the Good Housekeeping 2023 Best Parenting Awards
- 99 Group’s Flash Report unveils insights into the Housing & Development Board (HDB) Resale Market in Singapore
- AiSensum joins hands with MMA Indonesia as their newest team member to shape the future of marketing and advertising