A better care package
- Did you know that 1 in 2 Singaporeans over 65 could become severely disabled in their lifetime?.
- Disabilities could leave the elderly unable to perform daily activities such as washing, dressing, feeding, toileting, and moving around, necessitating some level of caregiving or supervision.
- Managing disability could also become a financial burden on the patient and their families when considering the high cost of long-term care such as caregiver expenses, medication, and therapy.
- To offer a more seamless and preferred pricing for families who need extensive assistance for home care and nursing care, 500-backed healthtech company Homage, which delivers on-demand home and community-based care for seniors, and insurance provider Singlife have partnered up under the newly launched Singlife Care Collab program.
- Through this collaboration, Singlife CareShield policyholders will gain better access and enjoy reduced service rates on caregiving services, such as a Severe Disability Assessment, financial counseling, and guidance on applying for financial assistance schemes and caregiver grants.
- This partnership also helps to raise awareness about the importance of long-term care planning and the challenges faced by an ageing population.
- Read the full story on The Straits Times.