Offering greater covenience and access was what 500-backed companies excelled at this month! Carousell is providing new buyer/seller protection, door-to-door delivery options, and flexible car subscriptions directly in their app. Grab launched GrabFood Dine-in to make eating out with loved ones hassle-free and affordable. Congratulations to Dinari for raising US$7.5M seed to enable Web3 natives access to securities!
Don’t miss Christine’s interview with Ed Ludlow from Bloomberg TV where she reflects on the perspectives that have shaped 500 Global’s strategy as we celebrated our 13th anniversary!
Missed our last highlights issue? Check it out here.
- Christine shares 500 Global’s evolution to a multi-stage VC firm, new opportunities around the world, and why a portfolio of global companies provide valuable insights
- Dinari raises US$7.5M to provide crypto natives & investors blockchain-backed access to stocks like Apple or Tesla
- Grab acquires Singapore’s 3rd largest taxi operator with over 2,500 cars to increase the speed you get a ride
- WORQ partners with MDEC to turn Malaysia into the destination of choice for global digital nomads
- ION Mobility’s M1-S set to be electric motorcycle with highest local content in Indonesia; open for test rides and pre-orders
- Escavox enables Australia’s Piñata Farms to deliver fresh premium berries and mangoes by tracking precise conditions from farm to market
- FarMart launches Saudabook to modernize and automate India’s food processing & manufacturing industry
- Carousell rolls out Buyer Protection services to create secure ‘eCommerce-like’ experience for buyers and sellers, with payment protection and door-to-door delivery options
- Gilmour Space partners Neumann Space to develop a propulsion system for large satellites of up to 500kg
- eFishery plans to expand across Asia and Middle East, determined to meet global food demands through aquaculture
- abillion founder Vikas Garg shares how the 2016 US election drove his passion to use social media for good
- Grab introduces GrabFood Dine-in to bring users convenience and affordability when eating out with friends & family
- Halogen Capital aims to bring Shariah-compliant crypto investing into the mainstream for individual and institutional investors
- First Move aims to deploy pre-seed funding of up to USD100,000 to founders in days instead of months
- Gnowbe acquires Differ to integrate AI seamlessly into its macro-learning platform
- Bukalapak supports small shop owners outside main cities, increasing their income by up to 10x
- Carousell partners with Carzuno to launch car subscriptions in Singapore for eco-conscious drivers
- Ubuntu Tribe tokenize gold to provide universal affordable access to the asset through technology for shared prosperity
Other stories you may have missed:
- Carousell records 67% revenue growth in FY2022 with over half coming from classifieds advertising
- VTF partners with Taylor’s University to launch first student-led metaverse fashion show
- Merkle Science partners Resonance Security to reinforce and promote the importance of smart contracts, blockchain, and code audits
- Involve Asia partners Fave to expand its network of merchants for users in Singapore and Malaysia to enhance savings on their Fave transactions.