Nation building, one startup at a time
- It takes a village to raise a child, and an ecosystem to raise a unicorn; 500 Global is proud and privileged to partner with Khazanah Nasional to strengthen Malaysia’s growing startup ecosystem!
- The country’s sovereign wealth fund just launched the Future Malaysia Program to support local entrepreneurs, start-ups, venture capital, and corporate venture programs.
- Together, we will discover and nurture early-stage entrepreneurs and startups, as well as provide them with the strategic support required to build great companies. Our global footprint and network will also help Malaysian startups expand internationally.
- Khazanah will play an integral role in funding high-growth startups in Malaysia to spur innovation and economic growth in the country. The initiative is under the Dana Impak mandate, which has committed a total of US$1.33B over 5 years, and seeks to invest across six themes: digital society and technology, quality health and education for all, decent work and social mobility, food and energy security, building climate resilience, and competing in global markets.
- “Many of the megatrends that 500 Global is investing in today – financial inclusion, digitalization, access to healthcare and education, and sustainable cities – are aligned with Dana Impak’s key themes,” said Khailee Ng, Managing Partner of 500 Global.
- “Our current global economic climate makes it very clear that our future needs rebuilding, and it is a privilege to partner with Khazanah to push innovation, serve the underserved, and uplift Malaysia’s economy and communities,” he added.
- Ultimately, the program aims to increase Malaysia’s economic competitiveness and resilience, while delivering socio-economic benefits to Malaysians.
- Read the full article on TechNode Global.