Making Una-believable progress
- A lot can happen in 5 months — just ask 500-backed e-commerce aggregator Una Brands! After a US$30M Series B raise back in September 2022, the team just announced another US$30M raise, this time for their pre-Series C financing by Northstar Group, a regional private equity firm.
- The company shared that the fresh funds will be used to continue developing their platform and buying up more direct-to-consumer brands in categories like home and living, mom and baby, and beauty and personal care.
- The team added, “We believe [Northstar’s] deep knowledge of the Southeast Asian markets and strong e-commerce experience will be very valuable to Una Brands as we look to double down our operations across the region.”
- Una Brands specializes in operating brands in Asia across channels such as Amazon, Shopify, Shopee, Lazada, and Tokopedia.
- Director of Corporate Development Kevin Boo shared that the company’s key differentiator is their diversification in geography, e-commerce channels, and product categories, all of which provide a long-term competitive advantage and greater defensibility against any industry headwinds.
- The team is also focusing on profitability – according to Una Brands, they hit a US$70M revenue run rate for the latest fiscal year, and expects to achieve EBITDA profitability in 2023.
- Una Brands has more than 200 team members across Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, India, and China, and has acquired over 20 e-commerce brands in Asia.
- Congratulations to the Una Brands team!
- Read the full story on TechCrunch.