Imagine a world where you can ride into a rural pharmacy on an affordable e-motorbike for a comprehensive health check, and still have high-speed internet access on your phone. 500-backed startups are working towards making this possible — SwipeRx, ION Mobility, and Transcelestial raised over US$65M to bring Southeast Asians closer to this reality.
Missed our last highlights issue? Check it out here.
- 500 Global expands Southeast Asia leadership team to support startups at every stage of growth
- SwipeRx boosts Series B round to US$37M, aims to help more pharmacies across SEA serve their patients better
- ION Mobility secures US$18.7M to accelerate towards a greener future, starting with Indonesia
- Transcelestial lands US$10M Series A2 to build affordable internet networks for at least 1 billion people globally
- Involve Asia raises US$10M to strengthen marketing technology offerings for advertisers and influencers across Southeast Asia
- Imajin raises seed funding to help SME manufacturers in Indonesia grow via comprehensive B2B platform
- VTF secures funding to open up the metaverse for everyone with no-code platform Mitoworld.io
- CrediLinq bags additional seed investment to bring better financing to SMEs globally
- abillion launches community investment round, anyone can now invest in the sustainability platform
- Krosslinker develops sustainable cold chain solution to stop billion-dollar losses; open for Series A funding
- ESPL launches Web3 tournament platform & utility token, raising US$1.4M in less than 2 hours
- BloomThis launches NFT gifting experience with Love Blooms collection for Valentine’s Day
- iMotorbike eyes US$20M revenue in 2023; raising Series A round to solve 4 major pain points for used motorbike buyers & sellers
- Carousell doubles down on driving electronics recommerce with feature that allows users to sell their mobile phones in under 24hrs
- eFishery ramps up U.S. exports & introduces new solutions for shrimp farmers
- Dagangan says ‘no’ to blitzscaling & ‘yes’ to growing sustainably to serve more rural entrepreneurs in Indonesia
- Fave Co-founder & outgoing CEO Joel Neoh on the importance of dreaming big, starting small, and failing fast
- RedDoorz bounces back post-pandemic: breaks even in Indonesia & the Philippines; eyes new markets & expansion
Other stories you may have missed:
- Grab launched Partner Cash Advance, offering cash advances to its driver-partners for up to about US$7,600.
- SwipeRx is helping the Pharmacy Council of Cambodia increase pharmacy contributions to the country’s national health system.
- Gaspack, a web 3.0 company that aims to connect creators, art collectors and communities through NFTs, presented NFT Art Jakarta Gardens by Abenk Alter.
- OhmniLabs created a robot on wheels with a screen on top that streams live shows for kids at a children’s hospital.
- ESPL announced that its utility token $ARENA has been listed on ProBit Global.