In a blink of an eye, the first month of 2023 comes to an end! In today’s monthly issue, we bring you highlights from January and last December. — 500-backed startups have not been slowing down amidst Christmas, New Year, and Lunar New Year. We hope your 2023 is off to a strong start too!
Missed our last highlights issue? Check it out here.
- ZaynFi raises US$600K to open up the world of decentralized finance (DeFi) to the masses
- Haulio acquires Indonesian digital logistics platform Logol to expand its haulage network across Southeast Asia
- Prenetics acquires cancer solution provider ACT Genomics
- Aerodyne Group branches out to Brazil with acquisition of majority stake in Grupo DR1
- Pandorum Technologies on track to combat corneal blindness around the world with 3D-printed corneas
- Prenetics-owned firm becomes first Asia-based company to receive FDA clearance for comprehensive genomic profiling test
- How SwipeRx would spend $500M to achieve universal healthcare coverage for underserved communities
- Seventh Sense to set up deeptech R&D hub in Australia to fast-track innovation in artificial intelligence
- ALLCARE offers tailor-made health benefits for entrepreneurs, freelancers, consultants and gig workers
- CARSOME supports strengthening Malaysia-Indonesia cooperation; joins forces with Electrum to accelerate EV adoption in Indonesia
- Transcelestial partners Teleplex to bring superfast & affordable Internet to hard-to-reach rural areas in Malaysia
- Merkle Science joins forces with insurtech company PolicyDock to create a safer crypto landscape
- Transcelestial proves 5G connectivity at superfast speeds with wireless laser technology is possible
- eFishery builds strong safety nets in agritech lending while empowering fish farmers to scale their businesses
- VTF’s Jason Low publishes book on the metaverse from an Asian perspective to provide insights to local entrepreneurs
- Stockbit makes stock investing easy and accessible in Indonesia; 27% rise in investors recorded
- Fintech app Peddlr empowers microbusinesses in rural Philippines to go digital — whether offline or online
- Ayannah’s razor-sharp focus on these 4 key areas led to their long-term success with MSMEs in the Philippines and Indonesia
- John Tan of Saturday Kids & Doyobi on why education today is ‘absurd’ and the lessons he learned as an angel investor
- Monnai’s CEO Pierre Demarche reveals 5 things he wishes someone told him before he became a founder
- Will Fan of NewCampus on building the next hundred-year-old brand and being authentic
Other stories you may have missed:
- Haulio, Glife, and RedDoorz recognized as top 100 fastest growing companies in Singapore, published by The Straits Times based on revenue growth from 2018 to 2021.
- Pomelo partnered with Vulcan Coalition, an AI technology startup driven by disabilities, to empower people with disabilities through decent work and equal opportunities.
- OhmniLabs teamed up with Ghenus Bio to exhibit their full lineup of UV-C disinfection solutions at a Las Vegas convention.
- GHL has expanded its partnership with Grab Malaysia to extend the super app’s buy now, pay later (BNPL) solution for offline merchants.
- YAS MicroInsurance wins the Fintech Award 2022 for Outstanding Insurance App.