Fast-track to the future
- The team behind Singapore-based 500-backed company Seventh Sense is bringing their work in deeptech to Melbourne, Australia!
- Announced by Australian minister for trade and investment Tim Pallas, the company will establish an artificial intelligence (AI) research and development hub in Victoria, where a team of engineers and scientists will undertake research and product development to meet the growing demand for its technologies and solutions across Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
- Specializing in AI-based computer vision and cryptography for defence, security, fintech and retail, the new hub will be integral to the company’s development of new technologies and commercialization.
- Co-founder Ashish Kushwaha said, “Our shared vision and support from the Victorian Government is a winning combination. The R&D Hub will fast-track the development of our innovative technologies and allow us to access highly skilled talent to grow further.”
- This investment is expected to create more than 20 highly skilled jobs over three years. Seventh Sense plans to collaborate with Victorian universities to explore opportunities and develop new technologies to solve industry problems, as well as create pathways for internships or graduate positions at the company.
- Read the full article here.