From competition to cooperation
- Do you pay with Moca? Or maybe it’s ZaloPay for you? 500-backed superapp Grab has good news for both e-wallet users!
- Grab announced the addition of ZaloPay, the financial services arm of internet firm VNG, as the platform’s latest cashless solution in Vietnam. The option to pay for Grab Vietnam’s services including transportation, food, grocery, and parcel delivery via ZaloPay will appear alongside other payment methods such as cash, credit card, and competitor e-wallet Moca.
- This is a significant development as ZaloPay is known as Vietnam’s ‘national e-wallet’. It is also an integrated offering baked into Zalo – a messaging app boasting 71 million users in Vietnam.
- Under the partnership, both parties can elevate user experience by optimizing their cashless payment features to better serve consumers with everyday essential services. They will also be able to share experiences to improve their services.
- “Being able to connect with various payment methods through Moca and ZaloPay, Grab is offering users multi payment options, along with added benefits,” said Nguyen Thi My Hanh, the Deputy Country Head of Grab Vietnam.
- She added that this marks a new milestone for both Grab and ZaloPay where the two leading platforms in Vietnam work closely together to leverage the strengths of both ecosystems, sharing financial and technological capabilities and insights into user experience in order to drive sustainable growth.
- Read the full story on Tech in Asia.