A powerful partnership
- Did you know Indonesia is aiming for net zero emissions by 2060? To achieve this ambitious goal, Indonesia’s national grid and electricity provider PT Perusahaan Listrik Negara (PLN), partnered with 500-backed smart electric motorcycle company ION Mobility!
- ION will be providing e-motorbike charging facilities and solutions for ION and PLN users, starting with the installation of up to 100 co-branded chargers across Jakarta. In the longer term, the two companies will expand nationwide in step with market needs.
- Riders can locate new and existing charging stations through both ION’s and PLN’s mobile app, giving them access to more than 2,900 chargers in Jakarta, and over 6,500 chargers across Indonesia.
- Why choose ION? The President of PLN explained, “It is important for us to step up our efforts by joining hands with industry-leading players like ION, to better understand Indonesian user requirements, improve EV charger technology, usability, reliability, and deployment cost. In doing so, PLN can continue to support Indonesians’ shift towards EVs while ensuring Indonesia’s energy security.”
- ION founder & CEO James Chan said, “Our team is eager to bring affordable fast charging technology to ION’s and other compatible EV motorcycles in the coming years, so that users can achieve up to 100km of riding range with a mere 15-minute charge. We believe the ideal energy infrastructure that can support a full transition to EV motorcycles in Indonesia will be a network of quick-chargers, fast-chargers, and battery swaps powered by the PLN electrical network.”
- ION M1-S is the team’s inaugural product for Indonesia, which is equipped with a weather-proof onboard charger that can achieve up to 150km in a single charge. Riders with a second battery pack can even exceed 200km in a single charge!
- Read the full story here.