Buying & building brands
- “We are on an incredible growth trajectory with #1 market position in Asia Pacific (APAC),” said Co-founder & CEO of Una Brands, Kiren Tanna. “The e-commerce landscape, particularly in Southeast Asia, with access to more than 600 million population, has tremendous secular tailwinds.”
- Kiren’s comments come after the 500-backed company’s successful Series B fundraise of US$30M, bringing the company’s total raised to about US$100M. The latest round was led by White Star Capital and Alpha JWC Ventures.
- This milestone follows a busy year for Una Brands — the company acquired more than 20 e-commerce brands in 6 countries across APAC over the last year.
- Post-acquisition, the team expanded these brands into Australia and grew revenue by over 40% in less than a year. According to Una Brands, the company now has annualized revenue of more than US$50 million and is expected to achieve group profitability by the end of this year.
- In tackling the fragmented e-commerce sector in the region, Una Brands doesn’t just focus on brands that sell on Amazon. The team also scours platforms like Shopify, Shopee, Lazada, and Tokopedia.
- The fresh funds will be used for more acquisitions in categories like home and living, mother and baby, and beauty and personal care. It will also be used to further develop the company’s proprietary technology for expanding e-commerce brands, such as tools for brand management, marketing, supply chain, accounting, process automation, and advanced analytics.
- Congratulations to the Una Brands team!
- Read the full story on TechCrunch.