Fresh funding for the future of food
- We want our food to be fresh and tasty, while farmers want efficiency and transparency. We can have it all, thanks to 500-backed agritech company Glife Technologies.
- The team has landed a US$3M Series A1 from Tin Men Capital to uplift smallholder farmers in Southeast Asia and build a better food future. This brings its total funding raised to US$13M.
- The company connects farmers, merchants, and other stakeholders across the food supply chain on a single platform. The team currently serves over 1,000 farmers and more than 2,500 customers across the region.
- The fresh funds will be used to launch the company’s B2B digital marketplace, scheduled for the end of this year. The marketplace aims to give restaurants more variety and better access to products at more competitive prices.
- Glife is also looking to expand in Indonesia and strengthen its tech infrastructure.
- “The additional funding from our investors indicates confidence in Glife’s business model and mission to feed Southeast Asia sustainably by empowering and uplifting farmers and businesses with technology,” said Co-founder & Deputy CEO Caleb Wu.
- Read the full story in Tech in Asia here. A subscription may be required.