Learning just got more fund
- Creators who yearn to learn in a community of like-minded creatives will be happy to know that 500-backed edtech startup Nas Academy successfully raised US$12M!
- “We see a massive opportunity in building community tools for creators, and we are using this funding to double down on our product offerings,” said Founder & CEO Nuseir Yassin.
- The new capital will be used to support the platform’s global engineering and product teams, as well as to grow its Web3 offering.
- According to Nas Academy, the platform caters to students from over 110 countries. The company plans to expand the team to 1,000 members in the next five years.
- Congratulations to the Nas Academy team!
- Read the full article on DealStreetAsia.
Powering cross-cultural communication
- Here’s some tweet-worthy news: 500-backed multilingual social media platform Koo teamed up with the Telangana Government in India to open a development center in Hyderabad.
- The goal? To work on the use of Telugu to increase reach among non-English speakers in the state. Koo said, “The collaboration will also promote the rich legacy and heritage of Telugu as a language, in addition to the unique culture of Telangana.”
- “Language-based social media is the need of the hour, especially in a multilingual country like India. Being neutral and independent, Koo is the platform-of-choice for Indians. We are truly honored and privileged to collaborate with the Government of Telangana to further our cause of empowering voices with digital freedom of expression. The development center in Hyderabad will be a key enabler in this mission,” said Co-founder & CEO Aprameya Radhakrishna.
- According to the company, Koo is currently available in 10 languages and the app has over 40 million downloads.
- Read the full article here.
Top marks awarded
- At what is said to be the largest gathering of the global children’s entertainment industry of the year, 500-backed edtech company Lingokids took home the award for ‘Best Original Learning App’ at the annual Kidscreen Awards.
- Why is this impressive? Close to 500 entries from around the world were received this year across 52 categories covering programming, broadcasting, and digital media!
- The Kidscreen Awards celebrates the best of children’s content by paying tribute to TV and digital media work that keeps kids and families entertained.
- “We could not be prouder that the esteemed Kidscreen judges have chosen Lingokids as the ‘Best Original Learning App’ of 2022, validating our team’s efforts to create the highest quality and safest learning app for kids. In the coming year, we will be releasing even more Playlearning content for the 50 million families across the globe that trust Lingokids with their children’s education and growth, and look forward to introducing millions more families to Lingokids thanks to Kidscreen’s highly regarded recommendation of our app,” said Founder & CEO, Cristobal Viedma.
- Congratulations to the Lingokids team!
- Read the full article here.