May has been an exciting month of big achievements and new milestones for 500-backed startups! Hong Kong’s first unicorn listed on the Nasdaq; 7 companies raised over US$190M in total across multiple industries including mobility and the Metaverse; and 3 companies expanded through investments and acquisitions. Read on to find out more!
Missed last month’s highlights? Check it out here.
- Prenetics becomes first HK unicorn to list in the US
- Bibit bags over US$80M for roboadvisory
- Neuron Mobility raises US$43.5M for safer & smarter e-scooters
- LottieFiles raises US$37M to democratize animations
- SwipeRx bags US$27M to break pharmaceutical silos
- Glife raises US$2.88M Series A extension
- Finku bags US$2.8M for responsible lending
- VTF creates high-utility Metaverse platform
- Carousell goes physical with Refash
- Glife invests in Vietnamese agritech
- Carsome buys into fun & engagement
- Grab & Carsome win Malaysia digital banking license
- Christine Tsai & Hooi Ling Tan are Tech Changemakers
- Vishal Harnal on untangling Web3 for investors
- Aliena puts Singapore on the map for spacetech
- Gilmour Space develops 3D-printed liquid rocket engine
- Urbanmetry studies climate change
- abillion launches marketplace to become sustainability superhub
- iPrice Sellers Club to help SMEs
- Transcelestial beats 200+ in Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) challenge
Other stories you may have missed:
- Following exceptional rider uptake, Neuron Mobility expands its riding area in Lethbridge less than a month into the program.
- Founder & CEO of Nas Academy Nuseir Yassin was selected to be a mentor in LinkedIn’s first Creator Accelerator Program in India.
- E-pharmacy Dawaai was featured in Techlist’s Top 7 Successful Startups in Pakistan 2022.