500-backed startups are out of this world – literally! Singapore’s Aliena is raising US$10 million to develop a first-of-its-kind satellite to provide higher resolution images of Earth for analysis, while a Gilmour Space-led consortium lands an astronomical US$39 million grant to put Australian-made satellites in space.
Keep reading for 500-backed female founders in the news, and gain new insights on the future of venture and Web3 for female investors and founders from our very own International Women’s Day panel discussion featuring Ee Ling Lim, Executive Director of Global Programs at 500 Global, and Dana von der Heide, Founder & CCO of Parcel Perform.
Missed last month’s roundup? Check it out here.
- Gilmour Space consortium lands US$39M grant
- InvestaX secures funding from crypto investment firms
- iPrice Group bags US$5M to help Southeast Asians shop smarter online
- Aliena raising US$10M Series A for first-of-its-kind satellite
- FarMart acqui-hires Subjimandi.app to help farmers sell more
- MyCash acquired by neobank, expanding across Asia
- Carsome expands in Singapore with 51% acquisition of CarTimes
- Una Brands commits US$100M to acquire 25 K-startups & expand them globally
- Pandorum to boost regenerative medicine with AI
- GoGet launches savings plan for gig workers
- Sina Meraji creates Learning Loop for education that’s fueled by curiosity & community
- Gnowbe offers $10M in scholarships to elevate adult learning experiences
- Transcelestial solves Internet woes with shoebox-sized devices
- abillion becomes only social media platform to offer shares to users
- Bukalapak launches e-grocery startup AlloFresh
- Carsome launches state-of-the-art facility to transform used cars to be as good as new
- Aarav Unmanned Systems enables investment into drone market
- Bukalapak gets serious about games with hunt for CEO of Gaming
- How Aerodyne found its calling in the pandemic & became an industry leader
March is also the month to celebrate leaders who #breakthebias through what they do every single day! Some of our female founders are leading the charge and these stories tell more.
- BloomThis launches apprenticeship program for underprivileged women
- StoreHub rejected Starbucks, now serves over 15,000 SMEs
- Urbanmetry uses data & AI to build sustainable cities
- PolicyPal gamifies insurance to improve customer engagement
- FireVisor helps engineers save 37% of their time
Just in case you missed it, catch our IWD panel discussion on ‘The Future of Venture & Web3 for Female Investors & Founders’ below:
Other stories you may have missed:
- Carousell Singapore received two awards from the Ministry of Home Affairs Singapore for its efforts in national anti-scam operations.
- Bukalapak’s customer service squad bagged six regional and three global awards at the Contact Center World (CCW) Awards 2021.
- Kata.ai was named one of the Top Southeast Asia Machine Learning & Natural Language Processing Companies and Startups by BestStartup.asia.