2022 has started with a big bang, with five 500-backed startups across three countries – Carsome, eFishery, Lummo (formerly BukuKas), Haulio, and Pandai – raising a total of US$469 million. Meanwhile, Your Super, Glints, and Haulio have been recognized as fast-growing companies.
Missed last month’s roundup? Check it out here.
- Carsome raises US$290M to invest internally & expand retail brand
- eFishery reels in US$90M to expand to 10 countries
- BukuKas raises US$80M to support SMEs, rebrands to Lummo
- Haulio raises US$7M to fuel regional growth
- Pandai raises US$2M to help students get better grades
- Christine Tsai’s VC predictions for 2022
- Shoppa empowers female entrepreneurs to build micro-enterprises
- SEPPURE trials reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 90%
- Aerodyne enters Scandinavian oil & gas sector
- Your Super named 25th fastest-growing US private company
- Glints & Haulio in top 10 fastest-growing companies in Singapore
- Aliena engine deployed into space via SpaceX program
- Gilmour Space tests Australia’s most powerful rocket engine
- Grab partners with JakLingko to optimize Jakarta public transport
- Transcelestial to bring superfast internet to Hong Kong
- Bukalapak partnership with digibank to benefit warungs
- EMQ enables money transfers to mobile wallets in Indonesia
Other stories you may have missed:
- Pandai makes it as a finalist at the inaugural Top in Tech Innovation Awards by publications Digital News Asia and Malaysiakini.
- Revou has awarded Bibit first place and eFishery 8th in a list of tech companies with the highest employee growth in Indonesia, at 233% and 103% respectively. RedDoorz made the regional list at number 3 with a 16% growth.
- In just one week, MYCL’s mushroom leather made the Paris Fashion Week runway and was launched in two collaborative projects.