Reaching new heights
- 500-backed drone startup Aerodyne Group has committed to a strategic investment in Synapse Innovation, a Malaysia-based company that designs and develops machine learning algorithms.
- Aerodyne aims to boost its capabilities in artificial intelligence and data analytics while strengthening its technology support for its international operations which spans 35 countries.
- The CEO of Synapse shared that this investment will help accelerate its plans to grow operations from 30 data scientists to 500 AI engineers and data scientists within 2-3 years.
- “Through this investment, Aerodyne Group will reinforce its competitive edge as the top-ranked drone technology company in the world, strengthening its position for an international public listing within the next few years,” said Aerodyne Group Chief Strategy Officer, Amir Zakwan Anuar said.
- Read the full article on Digital News Asia.
- Inc. magazine has unveiled its list of 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in America, and 500-backed Your Super is featured at number 25, recording a 11,477% growth.
- It all began in a tennis court, where co-founders Kristel de Groot and Michael Kuech first met. Over three years later, only aged 24, Michael was diagnosed with testicular cancer.
- Kristel struggled watching him suffer as he went for chemotherapy sessions, which were draining. She then consulted with her aunt, a nutritionist that specializes in dietary supplements, and began a strict smoothie cleanse for him. And he actually started to feel better–more alert and energized, she said.
- In 2015, Your Super was launched, delivering direct-to-consumer plant-based powders to health-conscious people around the world. To date, it has sold more than 500,000 containers and attracted US$7.1 million in funding.
- Read the full story on Inc.
- A strategic partnership between four firms has resulted in 500-backed super app Grab officially becoming the first online delivery and ride-hailing service to be integrated into the JakLingko app, a public transport integration program in Jakarta.
- The collaboration aims to develop an intelligent transportation system to increase the speed, convenience, safety, and reliability of public transportation services.
- Under the agreement, Grab will integrate five of its features and services into the JakLingko app by March 2022. It plans to further integrate its services in healthcare, insurance, voucher, and rewards, as well as digital marketing services.
- JakLingko users will be able to access GrabHealth’s 24-hour teleconsultation, purchase insurance, and take advantage of special offers with GrabGift vouchers. Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) on the Grab platform can also leverage GrabAds to advertise on the JakLingko app.
- Read the full story in The Jakarta Post.