Delivering at another level
- 500-backed logistics startup RaRa Delivery has raised US$3.25 million in seed funding led by Sequoia Capital India’s Surge program and East Ventures.
- Its goal? To offer same-day deliveries in Indonesia without burning cash like many on-demand logistics providers. It will use the fresh funding to expand its product offerings.
- The batching engine is a proprietary innovation that was created as a more scalable and sustainable alternative. It batches orders and optimizes delivery routes based on data like real-time traffic information.
- According to RaRa Delivery, its daily order volume has grown 15 times over the past year. It plans to focus on Tier 1 cities in Indonesia before expanding into smaller cities and covering all of Indonesia within a couple of years. Then the startup plans to expand into other countries.
- Read the full article on TechCrunch here.
A leg up for founders
- Mark your calendars – on 26 August, Vishal Harnal, Managing Partner at 500 Southeast Asia will be leading a Tech In Asia Live workshop for founders on how they can sharpen strategic thinking skills.
- Vishal will be covering topics such as:
- How to create your unique strategic-thinking framework
- Methodological approaches to break down problems and make strategic decisions
- How to operationalize long-term visions to short-term action plans
- This event is complimentary for Tech in Asia’s Core and Live subscribers. A single pass is available at US$18.90.
- For more information and to RSVP, click here.
Small but formidable
- Forbes published its inaugural Forbes Asia 100 to Watch list, casting a spotlight on notable small companies and startups on the rise across the Asia-Pacific region.
- Via nominations from accelerators, incubators, SME advocacy organizations, universities, venture capitalists, and more, 100 were selected from over 900 submissions.
- Three 500-backed startups made the list:
- Get the full list on Forbes here.