This month, we cover big stories in Indonesia. A media conglomerate invests US$375 million in Grab Indonesia, HappyFresh bags US$65 million in a Series D funding, Carsome buys a stake in a Jakarta-based offline car and motorcycle auction company, and Bukalapak kicks off Indonesia’s biggest IPO in a decade. Meanwhile in Singapore, Nas Academy raises US$11 million to develop a learning platform for content creators.
Missed the last weekly roundup? Check it out here.
- Carsome becomes Malaysia’s first tech unicorn in share-swap deal
- Bukalapak kicks off US$1.13B IPO, biggest in Indonesia in over a decade
- Emtek invests US$375M in Grab Indonesia’s technology unit to boost MSME inclusion
- HappyFresh bags US$65M in funding to improve user experience
- Nas Academy raises US$11M for MasterClass-like platform
- NewCampus bags US$2.5M funding for underserved training needs in Southeast Asia
- SPEEDHOME lands US$1.7M, to set up in Bangkok
- Favful acquired by iMedia in mission to become top digital group in Malaysia
- Carsome’s first investment in SEA to broaden diversity for dealers & suppliers
- Carousell kicks off one of the biggest online property expos in the Philippines
- PolicyPal in Singapore’s first advance certified insurtech course
- Kredivo & eFishery team up to boost financial inclusion among fish farmers
- Clinikk vaccinates 1 million people in 40 days
- Koo welcomes the president of Nigeria within first week of app launch
- YAS MicroInsurance offers on-demand protection for day-to-day activities
- OhmniLabs uses 3D printing to build robots 10x faster, 10x cheaper
- EMQ expands into Thailand, adds PromptPay to its network
- Haulio partners with OFX to offer hauliers access to preferential FX rates & relevant FX solutions
Other stories you may have missed:
- Kredivo now offers 0% interest for its 3 month installment to open wider and more affordable access to credit.
- Naluri partnered with ASEAN bank CIMB to launch a wellness and mental health program for its employees.
- Carsome Academy has been accredited by the Department of Skills Development in Malaysia, allowing it to award the Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 3 in Motor Vehicle Inspection to experienced technical workers in the automotive industry.
Missed out the last Daily Markup? Go here to check it out.
500 Startups is a venture capital firm on a mission to discover and back the world’s most talented entrepreneurs, help them create successful companies at scale, and build thriving global ecosystems. In Southeast Asia, 500 Startups invests through the pioneering 500 Southeast Asia family of funds. The 500 Southeast Asia funds have backed over 240 companies across multiple sectors from internet to consumer to deep technology. It continues to connect founders with capital, expertise and powerful regional and global networks to help them succeed.
This post is intended solely for general informational or educational purposes only. 500 Startups Management Company, L.L.C. and its affiliates (collectively “500 Startups”) makes no representation as to the accuracy or information in this post and while reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that the information herein is accurate and up-to-date, no liability can be accepted for any error or omissions. All third party links in this post have not been independently verified by 500 Startups and the inclusion of such links should not be interpreted as an endorsement or confirmation of the content within. Information about portfolio companies’ markets, competitors, performance, and fundraising has been provided by those companies’ founders and has not been independently verified. Under no circumstances should any content in this post be construed as investment, legal, tax or accounting advice by 500 Startups, or an offer to provide any investment advisory service with regard to securities by 500 Startups. No content or information in this post should be construed as an offer to sell or solicitation of interest to purchase any securities advised by 500 Startups. Prospective investors considering an investment into any 500 Startups fund should not consider or construe this content as fund marketing material. The views expressed herein are as at the date of this post and are subject to change without notice. One or more 500 Startups fund may have a financial interest in one or more of the companies discussed.